This release includes the official launch of Advanced Projects and Tasks and Issue Tracking, which are no longer in beta!
Introducing Advanced Projects and Tasks and Issue Tracking (previously in beta)
Advanced Projects and Tasks and Issue Tracking provide an easy way to group, organize, and track accessibility remediation work across your team.
With Advanced Projects and Tasks you can:
- Create custom projects based on team, component, page, sprint, or any other dimension
- Create actionable tasks from manual and automated findings and organize them within projects
- Track the progress of tasks from within the platform
- Use the platform to communicate and collaborate with your teams
- Request progression testing in the platform once enough tasks are ready for review
- Review and respond to comments left by accessibility testers within tasks
With Issue Tracking:
- Push tasks into Jira, either individually or in bulk, and view the Jira status for those tasks from within a project
- Sync findings data, including notes and attachments, to Jira
- Map custom Jira statuses to progress statuses in the platform
- See comments on Jira tickets right in the platform
Other platform enhancements
- You can now easily manage new user invitations with invite statuses. In addition to seeing each member of your workspace, you can now see if invites are still pending or need to be resent.
- The accessibility score graphs now display a legend to help you better understand and interpret your score.
- You can now turn evaluation rules on or off in bulk on the Evaluation Rules page.
- The colour contrast finder is now available for axe-core and equal-access results.
Updates to our accessibility API
We’ve enhanced our API and introduced a new set of APIs to help you embed accessibility into your content and development process.
Updates to our pull API
Updates to our testing API include:
- Added support for basic access authentication and secure web authentication
- Added support for Header value pairs (or “Modify headers”)
- Added support to send notifications when scans are completed
- The API now returns the ScanID that can be used in other APIs
Introducing rules API
With the rules API, you’re now able to retrieve the details of each individual rule, including the rule description, how to fix the issue, the severity, etc.
Introducing scans API
With the scans API, you can retrieve the results of a scan, including the following data:
- Scan score
- Accessibility metrics
- Rule IDs
- Number of errors
- Whether the rule was triggered or not
- Page title