Once you’ve installed the browser extension, you can start scanning. Scan multiple pages and send results to the platform or scan single pages without a platform account.
Scan with Level Access: Scan on the browser extension and send your results to the platform. Get the most out of each scan by tracking your results and streamlining your remediation.
Scan without a platform account: Scan a single page on the browser extension to test it out or for a quick progress check. Keep in mind that when you scan without a platform account, the results aren’t sent to the platform or saved for future reference.
On this page:
- Open the extension
- Scan with the extension and send results to the platform
- Quick scan without a platform account
Open the extension
To open the extension:
- Open your browser and go to the first page you want to scan. The extension won’t load on a blank tab.
- Select the Extensions menu next to the address bar.
- Choose Level Access Extension. The extension will open in your browser and you can scan with the extension and send your results to the platform or scan without a platform account .
Scan with the extension and send your results to the platform
Who can use this feature?
- Members of each user group.
- Available for Accelerate, Enterprise, and customers who joined Level Access before February 20th, 2023.
To send results from the browser extension to the platform, you need to log in to the browser extension. Note that you can only scan a unique URL once per session. To record results for multiple states of the same URL, start a new scan session.
To scan one or more pages:
- In the browser extension, select Scan multiple pages.
- Enter a scan title.
- Select Scan current page. A scan will run on the page you have open.
- If you want to scan more pages, go to another page and select Scan current page. Repeat this step until you’ve scanned all pages you want to include in your scan results.
- When you’ve scanned all the pages you want to include in the session, select Send [number] pages(s) to platform.
- Select the:
- Digital property.
- Scan tag.
- Select Send to platform.
- Choose View results in platform.
Learn more about scan results.
Quick scan without a platform account
Whether you're a developer that needs to quickly scan a page during the development process or someone on the Essentials package, you can scan without connecting the extension to the platform. Without connecting to the platform you can scan single pages and review results immediately. Note if you scan without connecting the extension to the platform, you can't:
- Perform a multi-page scan.
- Save your scan results.
To scan without a platform account:
- Select Quick scan.
- Choose Scan page.
- Review your scan results in the following tabs:
- Summary. A snapshot of the scan results that shows the number of failed findings, findings that need review, and the severity of the failed findings.
- Failed. A list of each failed finding.
- Needs Review. A list of each finding that requires manual review.
Learn more about Level Access extension scan results.