Note to Assistive Technology Users: Access Assistant can be opened with the hotkey combination Ctr+Shift+Space.
Perform manual accessibility testing with Access Assistant, so you can test pages and components in context. Access Assistant has a Manual Testing Wizard that guides you through a baseline set of tests to help you achieve the maximum amount of coverage with minimal effort.
On this page:
Open the Manual Testing Wizard
To perform manual testing:
- Go to the page you want to test.
- Open Access Assistant.
- Select the asset name.
- Choose the report.
- Select an existing module or add a module of the current page.
- Select the Manual Test.
- Choose WCAG Baseline. The Manual Testing Wizard will open.
Test with the Manual Testing Wizard
The Manual Testing Wizard automatically displays the first manual test. Each test displays:
- A list of testing steps.
- The testing tools for the testing. For example, keyboard and mouse.
- The relevant WCAG 2.0 or 2.1 rules.
- The total number of violations of any type that have already been raised for the Best Practice.
To test with the Manual Testing Wizard:
- Test the webpage or component using the Test Instructions.
- Add any violation instances.
- Select the Next icon to go to the next manual testing step.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you've completed all manual testing steps.
- Once all steps and tests are complete, review all violation instances on the Validate Manual Testing results page.
- If the violation instances are correct, select Mark Testing Complete.
Add a violation instance
To add a violation instance:
- Select Add.
- Upload a thumbnail image with alt-text.
- To select the component with the violation:
- Select Inspect.
- Go to the page you're testing.
- Select the component with the violation. The details of the component will populate in the Description field.
- Mouse Users: Confirm the node selection or refine the selection by selecting the appropriate node in the window.
- Keyboard-only Users: Scroll through the source code on the subsequent screen and select the opening tag for the component.
- Enter details about the instance in the Note field.
- Select Add.