A core offering at Level Access is manual testing of webpages, user flows, and components. Manual testing is performed by Level Access testers, which include people with disabilities. You can find the results of manual tests in the platform under Evaluations.
To get started with manual testing, your organization must be signed up with the platform. If you’re not signed up, contact us.
On this page:
Request manual testing
To request manual testing on a website/app:
- Log in to the platform.
- Select Help.
- Choose Submit help ticket.
Under Testing, choose:
- Manual testing to test specific or core parts of your digital property.
- Validation of fixes to re-test fixes you’ve implemented.
- Full manual test to test the representative set of pages and flows determined by the Level Access team.
- Fill in the details about your digital asset.
- Select Submit. A member of our support team will contact you to confirm any missing details.
Note: You can also submit a support ticket from the Help Center by selecting Submit a request.
The results of a standard manual test on developed webpages, user flows, or components.
Explains the flow that an end user takes on a website/app.
|The individual pieces of the manual test scope.
|A component of a website or app that is more than a simple image or text.
Use these resources to learn more about manual testing: