Having your designs evaluated for accessibility is simple. This article outlines the steps to follow to maximize the efficiency of the process.
On this page:
- Step 1: Prepare what you want evaluated.
- Step 2: Submit your files for evaluation.
- Step 3: Complete the design evaluation.
- Step 4: Check your evaluation results.
- Learn more
Step 1: Prepare what you want evaluated.
Before you request a design evaluation, you’ll need to collect everything you want evaluated. You can include responsive page designs.
For example, the following image is a responsive page design in desktop and mobile.
The following image is an example of mobile viewport screens.
To prepare what you want evaluated:
Identify the designs you want evaluated. Your designs can be:
- Brand guidelines
- User interface designs
- Component designs
- Export each design as a PNG.
Export your digital style guide and / or digital brand guidelines as a PNG as a reference for the design evaluation team.
- If you don’t have a digital style guide and / or digital brand guidelines, you can submit a list of HEX codes (or equivalent color codes).
Not sure what to include? Find an example style guide in the attachments of this article.
You don’t need to submit your digital style guide and / or brand color guidelines if you’re also getting a digital brand evaluation.
Step 2: Submit your files for evaluation.
To submit your files for evaluation:
- Create a new support ticket in the support portal.
- Select Design evaluation services.
- Your email address.
- The type of viewport (responsive / mobile).
- The desired version of WCAG, the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (2.0 / 2.1).
- The desired conformance level (A / AA / AAA).
- The digital property you'd like us to test on.
- Any special considerations, such as areas the evaluator may omit or areas the evaluator should pay particular attention to.
- Summary of your request.
- The designs you want evaluated as PNGs.
- The digital style guide / digital brand guidelines as a PNG.
- Select Submit.
Step 3: Complete the design evaluation.
After you submit the request, the Support team will validate your request. If there are any questions or concerns, a member of our Support team will be in touch to resolve them.
Once the request is validated, you’ll receive an expected completion date, which is no longer than 10 business days. A design evaluator will evaluate the accessibility of the designs against your chosen WCAG version and conformance level.
You can check the status of your design evaluation or access your completed design evaluation results in the platform. Learn more about the Design evaluation page and reviewing your evaluation results.
Step 4: Check your evaluation results.
Design evaluation results are accessible in the platform or you can download the results as an Excel spreadsheet. Both options include the findings and a PNG of each design with highlights identifying the issues found.
To check your evaluation results:
- Log in to the platform.
- Select the Design evaluations in the navigation menu.
- Select the design evaluation name.
- Review your evaluation results.
- Design evaluations overview
- Use design evaluation results
- Understand design evaluation finding types
For questions about your design evaluation results, request support from a technical accessibility expert.
To get started with an evaluation, request a design evaluation.