On this page:
Testing options in AMP
AMP allows users to test content in a number of different ways since websites are often structured in different manners. These tools range from web crawls, to browser plugins, to developer frameworks and help ensure that organizations can test their digital content for accessibility compliance. With multiple options available however, it is important to ensure you are using the right tool for any given job. The presentation below is meant to give you a comparison of the different automated testing tools as well as examples of the best functions for each one.
Testing content with AMP
There are a few different ways to test content using AMP, follow this link to learn more: Testing Content with AMP
Manual testing in AMP
Manual testing is a critical component of any accessibility testing initiative since it provides a full picture of your footprint’s level of compliance. Research has shown that automated testing tools reveal approximately 30% of digital accessibility violations, while manual testing is necessary to detect the remaining 70% of potential violations. As you can imagine, there are trade-offs with both approaches. So what’s the best approach you might ask? Level Access recommends using a representative sample methodology in which you conduct both manual and automatic testing. At a high level, this involves manually testing the specific templates or assets within your organization’s asset directory for accessibility violations. Once you are done with remediating any identified violations, you can then run an automatic scan to catch any violations that might have slipped through the cracks. To learn more about manual testing, please consult the following resources: Performing Manual Testing and here Manual Testing in Access Assistant