Who can use this feature?
- Organization administrators and Workspace administrators.
- Available for all packages and customers who joined Level Access before February 20th, 2023.
Changing the status of an evaluation rule to “On” or “Off” impacts what data is collected during automated scans on a specific digital property. When you turn a rule off, no data will be collected for that rule when you run a new scan.
On this page:
Evaluation rules overview
By default, every rule for every testing tool is enabled in an automated scan. In some cases, however, you may want to exclude certain rules from the evaluation. Here are some potential reasons for doing so:
- A certain rule isn’t applicable to your website or product.
- Your team wants to use a custom configuration of rules to measure accessibility progress.
- Some rules may not be a focus for your team, so you wish to accept the risk of those issues to focus on other ones.
- A rule can’t be immediately addressed or involves effort from other teams, so it is temporarily being ignored.
If you need help deciding what’s best for your automated scans, request support.
Turn rules off
To turn rules off:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Evaluation rules.
- Select the checkbox for each rule you would like to turn off.
- Select Turn off rule(s).
- Enter a reason for turning the rule off.
Select Ignore rule(s). Where can I find the past activity of a particular rule?
Turn rules on
To turn rules on: